Posted on November 07 2014
I absolutely loved Brooklyn! Although I was born in Washington D.C., I've been a southern girl at heart for a while now. We took the train, walked the bridge, and ate at a few really cool restaurants. I'm quite upset that I didn't make it to Juniors...but now I have good reason to come back!
As for the event, the #BrooklynNaturals were amazing! It was an icy, cold, and rainy day in Brooklyn; nevertheless, they showed up to Ecodermis & Wolfberry ready to learn! Some came from as far as Long Island! As usual, we discussed why I went natural, how Coco Curls came to be, and a few key tips and tricks for improving your natural hair journey.
In addition to explaining why porosity matters, we discussed how to adjust your regimen according to your "hair type" aka porosity. Then, we wrapped up with a demo on 'How to Master Your Twist Out'. Would you like to know how?
Check out these 5 steps below:
1. Make sure your hair is thoroughly and evenly saturated with product. It's
always a good idea to comb the product through with your fingers.
2. Ensure your hair is well combed out. (If twisting dry, comb with fingers only!)
3. Split hair into 2 even parts, but don't borrow from each other! It's critical to twist each section around itself, this creates more definition in your twists.
4. Curl the ends around your finger, this holds it all together and gives a nice finished look.
5. Whatever you do- don't rip your twists apart when taking them apart. Put a little oil of choice on your hands (reduces the frizz) and unravel your twists in the opposite direction.
All in all, the most amazing portion of this event was hearing this testimonial below from a customer. It certainly warmed my heart :)
Voila! an amazing twist out. What tip or trick have you learned that helps you achieve your best #CocoChic Twist Out?